Free Classes & College Prep
Looking to enhance your school experience, pursue specific interests, and/or enhance your knowledge of a topic? Check out all the free resources the Emma Clark Library provides!
We have a variety of online learning platforms available, including:
- Creative Bug: Thousands of award-winning art & craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists
- Universal Class: Online training and continuing education courses, featuring over 500 courses on a wide range of subjects
- Hoonuit: Online software training that features more than 50,000 easy-to-understand online training videos
- Brainfuse: Live tutors, homework help, skills-building, 24-hour writing lab, 24/7 homework question center, adult learning center, foreign language center, and Spanish-speaking support
- Pronunciator: Online language-learning system for teens and adults
- Learning Express: Academic, career development and lifelong learning tutorials, test-preparation, and skill-building resources
- Muzzy: online language learning program for kids and younger teens
We offer access to a variety of free downloadable materials through various platforms, including:
- Overdrive (as known as Libby on some devices): eBooks, eAudiobooks, Movies, and Music
- Kanopy: Movies
- Hoopla: eBooks, eAudiobooks, Movies, and Music
- RB Digital: eMagazines
- Flipster: eMagazines
- OneClick Digital: eAudiobooks
- Tumble Books: Children’s eBooks
We own over 300 of the Great Courses lecture series on DVD, and over 500 more as downloadable videos/audiobooks! The Great Courses are a series of recorded college courses from around the world, taught by some of the best professors in their fields of study, which our patrons can access from the comfort of their own homes!
We offer free access to over 50 databases that cover topics in health, medicine, arts, humanities, science, technology, literature, genealogy, business, law, social sciences, and more! You can even access most of these databases from home with your library card!
We offer a variety of entertaining, educational, and enlightening Zoom programs for all ages.
Reserve a free pass for yourself and a set number of family members or friends to visit one of our local museums, and get up-close and personal with a wide array of works of art, historical items, live animals, and more!
Please note, due to COVID-19 restrictions, some of our museum passes are currently unavailable. Additionally, for the museum passes that are available, please note that each museum sets its own restrictions and you must comply with their rules. For now, some require that you reserve a specific time slot for your visit. Please direct any questions to the specific museum.
Books, movies, music, and videogames are not the only items you can check out from the Emma Clark Library! We have a “Library of Things” for you to borrow as well! Just some of the items include binoculars, a telescope, a Canon Camera, and a Cricut machine! Great for exploring nature, technology, art, and more!
Looking to help your community and earn community service hours? Check out the Emma Clark Library Teen Department’s Volunteer at Home opportunities! There are review programs, Watch & Learn videos, Take & Make donations, and more!
If you need tech help, look no further than our Time with a Tech program! Our Technology Librarian and IT Manager are happy to assist you with library downloads, virtual offerings, and technology, setting up virtual communication options, the use of mobile devices, phones, tablets, and laptops, Office applications, exploring web browsers, Roku and Fire Stick devices, and more!